Stats

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

At The President's House

Even thought I'm not a grandfather I stopped by the "Saba and Savta demonstration" across the street from the President Katzav's residence. The place is situated in the Kiryat Shmuel section of Jerusalem. This is a part of Jerusaelem that I rarely see. The municipality keeps the place sparkling clean, much cleaner than most Jerusalem neighborhoods.

I met there about 20 Sabot and Savtot(grandfathers and grandmothers), most if not all were native English speakers. For some strange reason in Israel these kind of people are called Anglo-Saxons! A very nice, spirited group.

Afterwards I crossed the street to see if I could get a tour of the President's home. (I vaguely remember doing something like that over 20 years ago as a student. I was visiting Israel with a group of University students. We even received an audience with then President Navon.) I was told that the only time the President's house is open to the public is Chol HaMoed Sukkot. I guess that I'll have to wait and come with my Lulav.

Later on I was walking through the neighborhood and I saw sign hanging from one of the apartments:
We are choosing life and leaving Gaza - Peace Now
Talk about Chutzpah! The utopian daydreamers that brought Arafat and Co. to Israel and made our life hell are still giving us advice!

3 comments:

Olah Chadasha said...

Well, Cosmic, every-one has a right to fly their colors. If you think nobody should be stopping people from hanging signs like, "Sharon is a Dictator", then they can hang signs like that. Btw, just b/c somebody's in favor of the disengagement does not make them some leftist dove.
-OC

Cosmic X said...

They have a right to say whatever they want - but that does not make it any less chutzpahdik!

Olah Chadasha said...

yingele, please, when talking poor conceived rhetoric, tell me what exactly is stopping a Kassam rocket from falling on the poor shmoe's car right now, except for stupidity, prayer, and G-d? Please, tell me where your logic is coming from.
-OC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...