Stats

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rabbi Druckman, Rabbi Sherman and the Conversion Crisis (Part 3)

It seems that the National Religious Party is on a trip to Strawberry Fields, the place where "nothing is real." In the last issue of "Kippah Achat" (vol.11) the conversion issue is mentioned several times. But for the NRP, "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." The theme of "let's blame the ultra-Orthodox" while systematically ignoring the "forgery affair" of Rabbis Druckman and Avior repeats itself over and over again.

I encourage those of you that are concerned about this affair to download the document and see what I am talking about. I am not going to waste my time translating such cheap propaganda. I wonder, if the forgeries were perpetrated by Ehud Olmert or Ehud Barak, would the NRP MKs be willing to whitewash it in such a shameless manner? Is there anyone wearing a knitted kippah who will demand accountability from the Beit Din in Merkaz Shapira?

Because I admire Rabbi Druckman I expect him to fully address the forgery issue that has been documented by Rabbi Yisrael Rosen. Continuing to ignore it will not help the converts harmed, nor will it bring voters to the NRP. Emet MeEretz Titzmach.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...