Stats

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Einat Wilf: The Plague of Intermarriage Hits the Knesset

Those of you that follow this blog know that the subject of intermarriage has been on my mind lately. Last Friday, during the fast of the Tenth of Tevet, I came across an article in BeSheva that made a sad day even sadder. It mentioned that MK Einat Wilf from the Labor party gave birth to her first son at the age of 40. I know what you are thinking: What's so sad about that? It is sad because the father is a gentile, German journalist Richard Gutjahr! A Jewish MK is "married" to a gentile! I put "married" in quotes because Jewish Law does not recognize such a marriage. In fact, a Jewish women that has sexual relations with a gentile is considered a zonah, and has disqualified herself from being able to marry a Cohen (Maimonides, Laws of Forbidden Relations, Ch. 18). This is sad indeed.

I did a bit of Googling and the story gets "better". This lady who married out "'worked as a Senior Fellow with the Jewish People Policy Planning Institute". What kind of policy were they planning over there? The "Final Solution"?

But wait, it gets "even better". She fancies herself as an expert on education. She even wrote a book, "Back to Basics: The Road to Saving Israel's Education (at no extra cost)." If she is really an expert she certainly knows that an educator, first and foremost, must set a good example. Marrying a gentile is not a good example, Ms. Wilf! And that is an understatement!

An additional note: Haddasah Magazine interviewed this lady. Could it be that they were not aware of her problematic personal life?. In any case here's a quote from the interview that tells us a lot about the Jewish lady who sleeps with a German:
Q. What is modern Zionism’s greatest challenge?

A. The cutting-edge issue is that Zionism has not realized the full extent of its revolutionary ideals. Zionism was about remaking Judaism for the modern age. It was not about subcontracting family law to a version of medieval Judaism. The fact that we took on the duties of a state while keeping in place the rabbinical structures that were developed for a communal life without a state was not the right path. I believe the Knesset is the new Sanhedrin of the Jewish people in Israel. As such, it has the right to remake Jewish law.
It is amazing that somebody with a doctorate can say such incredibly stupid things!

3 comments:

Simon said...

What a fantastic post! You really are a man who speaks the truth! How dare she marry a gentile! I don't know about you but I think it should be outlawed and she should face a good old fashioned stoning.

You seem like a smart progressive guy...I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on a couple of ideas of mine?

1. Women should not be allowed to join a political party (never mind be admitted to the Knesset!)- Its really a mans domain anyway isn't it?

2. Israel should be a Jewish only state - speaking Cohen to Cohen here, Im sure you resent the presence of gentiles (lets face it, they're different, not to mention smelly, do you find that too?)
My answer would be to deport them to California they seem to let all sorts of undesirables in there!

I've noticed a lack of comments on this blog. If you don't mind me being so bold as to suggest a way to increase your readership?

I think you are being too airy fairy here - a good old-fashioned hard-line approach to "controversial" topics would go down very well in todays political
climate.
I put "controversial" in quotes because true Jews wouldn't find this topic "controversial" at all.As you so rightly point out its an "abomination". I put "abomination" in quotes because as you know the root of that word is from the latin (and I won't use a word that originated from papist gentiles) preferring the hebrew "תֹּועֵבָה". I put "תֹּועֵבָה" in quotes because this post is written in English.

All power to you!

Cosmic X said...

Simon,

Thanks for your comment. Here is my answer:

You wrote: "What a fantastic post! You really are a man who speaks the truth! How dare she marry a gentile! I don't know about you but I think it should be outlawed and she should face a good old fashioned stoning."

No need to outlaw "marrying" a gentile. It is already outlawed by the Torah. However the punishment meted out for such an offense is not stoning.

You wrote: "1. Women should not be allowed to join a political party (never mind be admitted to the Knesset!)- Its really a mans domain anyway isn't it?"
Rabbi Kook zt"l was against the involvement of women in politics. See here and here.

You wrote: "2. Israel should be a Jewish only state - speaking Cohen to Cohen here, Im sure you resent the presence of gentiles (lets face it, they're different, not to mention smelly, do you find that too?)
My answer would be to deport them to California they seem to let all sorts of undesirables in there!"


Here your train made a stop in Assumptionville: I am not a Cohen and I never made such a claim. In addition, I do not "resent the presence of gentiles" here in Israel, even though you are "sure" that I do. However, if one of my "peace loving" gentile neighbors decided to emigrate to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia, I surely would not block his path. BTW, I grew up among gentiles in New Jersey and I didn't notice that they smell different than us Jews. Perhaps your experience in Washington is different. ;-) Tell me, do all the people in Washington look down on Californians like you do? ;-)

You wrote:

"I put "controversial" in quotes because true Jews wouldn't find this topic "controversial" at all. As you so rightly point out its an "abomination". I put "abomination" in quotes because as you know the root of that word is from the latin (and I won't use a word that originated from papist gentiles) preferring the hebrew "תֹּועֵבָה". I put "תֹּועֵבָה" in quotes because this post is written in English."

Here we have a real problem of reading comprehension. The word "abomination" just does not appear in this post. Perhaps you were thinking of the word "zonah", which I purposely did not translate into English. That is because the standard translations, "whore" and "harlot" do not properly express the meaning of "zonah" in the context of the post.

Thanks again for your comment. Please send my regards to all of those "true Jews" that you know.

Cosmic X said...

Simon,

Blogger couldn't handle the second link because of its length. Copy and paste it:

http://www.edah.org/backend/coldfusion/search/document.cfm?title=Two+Public+Letters+of+Rav+Abraham+Ha-Kohen+Kook+%26+The+Responsum+of+Rav+BenZion+Uziel+On+Women%92s+Suffrage&hyperlink=1_2_debate.html&type=JournalArticle&category=Israel%3A+Zionism%2C+Politics%2C+and+Sociology&authortitle=&firstname=Abraham+Ha-Kohen+Kook+%26&lastname=BenZion+Meir+Uziel&pubsource=The+Edah+Journal+Volume+1%3A2&authorid=520&pdfattachment=1_2_debate.pdf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...