Stats

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Singer/Songwriter Moshe Yess Passes Away

Baruch Dayan HaEmet:
Moshe Yess, a beloved performer and musician who has entertained audiences around the world, passed away Motzoei Shabbos, considered Shvat 4, 5771.

He was 65 and suffered from Cancer.

He was hospitalized earlier this year at University Medical Center (UMC) in Tucson, Arizona, and was visited by local Chabad Shluchim, before he underwent recovery treatment.

Yess, known for the song ‘Zaide Made us Laugh,’ lived in Montreal, Canada, for many years after he became a Baal Teshuva and made a living singing and teaching.
Yess was half of the "Megama" duo. I remember when I was at the beginning of my teshuvah, I went to see Megama and Mordechai Ben David. Megama made a very big impression on me back then. This video was filmed a couple of years before the time that I saw them:

1 comment:

Tali Yess said...

You can find much of Moshe Yess music on Moshe Yess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...