Habayit Hayehudi (Jewish Home) and the National Union-Tekuma factions officially merged Thursday and will run as a joint list for the 19th Knesset.I'll probably vote for this party.
According to an agreement between Habayit Hayehudi chairman Naftali Bennett and National Union- Tekuma leader Knesset Member Uri Ariel, Bennet will head the joint list, which will continue to be called Habayit Hayehudi, followed by Arieli. Bennett will also be the party's senior minister should it join the next coalition, the deal states.
The first 15 spots on the list will be filled by nine representatives of Habayit Hayehudi and six Tekuma members.
The party's line-up ahead of the general elections in January is as follows:
1. Naftali Bennett
2. Uri Ariel
3. Nissan Slomiansky
4. Rabbi Eliyahu Ben Dahan (former director general of the rabbinical courts)
5. Ayelet Shaked (founder of "My Israel")
6. MK Uri Orbach
7. Zevulun Kalfa (kibbutzim representative)
8. Avi Wurtzman (deputy mayor of Beersheba)
9. Mordechai Yogev (deputy head of the Mateh Binyamin Regional Council)
10. Orit Strook (head of the Yesha Human Rights organization)
11. Yonatan Shetbun
12. Shuli Mualem (vice president, Organization of IDF Widows and Orphans)
13. Rabbi Hillel Horwitz
14. Jeremy Gimpel
15. Nachi Eyal
Friday, November 30, 2012
So far, so good!: