Stats

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Homosexuality Is Nothing To Be Proud Of

I remember hearing a recording of former New Jersey Governer McGreevy on the radio here in Israel saying,"I am a gay American." Well friends, I have a confession to make: I am a heterosexual Israeli. Actually I was born in America and have dual citizenship so that makes me a heterosexual American. Maybe I should write that I am a heterosexual-Israeli-American, or an American-Israeli-heterosexual. I really love being Israeli, American and heterosexual. I know that there are some of you out there that will accuse me of multiple loyalties, but that's just the way I am.

The last couple of years the queers and the dykes, I mean the gays, have been holding a "gay pride" here in Jerusalem, much to the chagrin of most of the inhabitants. I have never been able to figure out why somebody is proud that his reproduction system gets aroused by members of the same sex. Is having your wires crossed something to be proud of?

Do not get me wrong. I do not think that heterosexuality is something to be proud of either. I will not attend a heterosexual pride parade. I am very grateful to G-d for being this way, for this facilitates a good married life and progeny. I am not proud of being heterosexual. It is nothing to be proud of.

If there are any feigeles, I mean gays out there reading my blog, do me a favor. Do not come to Jerusalem to hold your "gay pride" parade this year or any year. It is an affront to the vast majority of the residents, and a discourtesy to our city's holy status. The truth is that the "gay pride" parade is also an affront to San Francisco and Amsterdam. Homosexuality is nothing to be proud of.

Update: After writing this I discovered that Jack Engelhard wrote something similar.

Oh well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...