Stats

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Independence Day Exhibit At Machon Meir

Did you see the Independence Day Exhibit at Machon Meir? I did! The exhibit includes relics, newspaper clippings and more from the "way back when". For instance, this is how people did their laundry sixty years ago(click on picture to enlarge):



A phonograph that I estimate is from about 1965 played a record of IDF marching tunes. This was a real eye opener for my children, members of the cassette/CD generation:



Here's a picture of the Lehi wall-newspaper HaMa'as:



There is a lot more to see. I recommend it.

3 comments:

A Simple Jew said...

Very cool!


BTW: see this posting here

Batya said...

Interesting. How long will it be on display?
When we made aliyah in 1970, people were still boiling diapers. The "rich" used a diaper service.

Cosmic X said...

ASJ,

I saw the post about Meir Feinstein and Moshe Barazani...fantastic.

Batya,

I think the last day of the exhibit was Motzaei Shabbat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...