Stats

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mount Tabor



Mount Tabor is best known as the place where Barak gathers the children of Israel before the battle with Sisera in the book of Judges:
And they told Sisera that Barak the son of Abinoam was gone up to mount Tabor. 13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth-goiim, unto the brook Kishon. 14 And Deborah said unto Barak: 'Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thy hand; is not the LORD gone out before thee?' So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him. 15 And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; and Sisera alighted from his chariot, and fled away on his feet. 16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth-goiim; and all the host of Sisera fell by the edge of the sword; there was not a man left.


I snapped this picture while I was at a gas station. However, we didn't stop to buy gas. My youngest son got car sick and puked on my wife. We stopped at the gas station so that they could both get cleaned up.

Aren't you glad that I shared this with you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

some day, try climbing it, and imagine you are one of barak's soldiers preparing for the battle. incredible.

Cosmic X said...

Anon,

I'd really like to do that. In fact, if my son hadn't vomited I might have taken a detour to see the view from the top.

Rafi G. said...

Har Tavor, and Kfar Tavor, are beautiful. That is where I was on my way to for a simcha when my car died on Thursday afternoon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...