Stats

Monday, January 09, 2006

Ariel Sharon Jokes

It was inevitable that these kind of jokes would start being circulated. The other day a friend of mine asked me if I got the SMS (text message) on my cellphone. I said that I did not. He told me that he got a message to requesting him to join a prayer service on behalf of Ariel Sharon at the central synagogue of Neve Dekalim.

(Neve Dekalim was one of the the communitiees that Sharon destroyed. The synagogue was later set ablaze by the Arabs.)

2 comments:

Avi said...

This comment is not appropriate. While certainly you can disagree with policy, a synagogue in Eretz HaPhlistim is not the same as a man, a Jew, and ראש הממשלה. There are poskim who even hold that the Prime Minister of Israel holds the halakhic status of King of Israel, hence this is even more inappropriate.

Cosmic X said...

Amechad,

The Gaza Strip is part of the land of Israel according to all of the Poskim. It is not clear to me what you are complaining about. I am just reporting what I was told to give my readers of what life is like in Israel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...