Stats

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Do You Know Where Your Lamb Chops Come From?

Most of us enjoy eating meat. But how many of us besides Rafi know what happens before we pick up the meat from the butcher? Here are some shechita pics from Meron. Warning: If you can't stand the sight of blood do not continue to scroll downwards. A moment before the shechita: One guy holds the lambs hand while the shochet has the chalaf or sakin in his hand:



And now for the "after" photo:



Hey, doesn't this look just yummy?



I can tell from the color of this animal's lungs that he did not smoke cigarettes. Good for him!



I have a lot more but I think that you know where your lamb chops come from now.

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

now I am hungry!!

Baleboosteh said...

Rafi is hungry, but I would rather envision my lamb coming from the supermarket on a little black polystyrine tray covered in plastic wrap.....thanks....

:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...