Stats

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Torat HaMelech

Take it from Cosmic X and his half century of life experience: If you see people reacting to a particular book in a totally irrational way, chances are that the book contains truth that is painful to them. Lacking the option of debating the contents of the book and proving the author wrong, the only weapons left for such creatures are slander, intentional distortions, ad hominem arguments and the like. In certain countries police harassment and judicial terrorism are also part of their arsenal.

I first saw the book "Torat HaMelech" when I went to the rally to support the soldiers that waved the banner proclaiming that they refuse to evacuate settlements.

I did not buy the book back then. I came to the rally to support the soldiers and not to buy books. What's more, the subject of the book was not on the top of Torah topics that I felt that I had to know.



However, the media circus surrounding the book including the utterances of certain media savvy rabbis, plus the police summoning the rabbis that gave approbations for the book for questioning, all these piqued my interest. The utter irrationality of it all told me that there must be some painful truth in "Torat HaMelech" that certain people want to suppress. I decided to buy a copy.

I still have a long way to go before finishing the book. So far it has proved informative and interesting. The multitude of sources cited by the authors is a sign of the long hours of research that went into preparing the book. Perhaps I will write a complete review when I am finished.

3 comments:

Esser Agaroth said...

Yeah, I think you nailed the reaction on the head.

I haven't read it either.

Rav Ido Elba, Rosh Kollel Ma'arath HaMachpelah, sat it jail for 2 1/2 years for an article he wrote on related halachoth, in the 90's.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

And here's what happens if you happen to sell the book...

Cosmic X said...

Jameel,

That is totally pathetic! People are almost lynched in Jerusalem and this is what the police is wasting its time on!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...