Stats

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New York Minute

"He Who Blogs" a.k.a. Sultan Knish, has started a photo blog called New York Minute.

Seeing the Sultan's beautiful pictures of New York City brought back long forgotten memories. As one who grew up in suburban New Jersey, New York City was simply "the city." This was the place where the pre-teshuvah Cosmic X went to see rock concerts, baseball and basketball games, etc. This was the place where the post-teshuvah Cosmic X would go to see the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Avigdor Miller, and others.

An early memory of New York that I have is being in Manhattan on a very cold day. I think that my parents took us in to the city to visit the Museum of Natural History. There was a guy with a push-cart that sold hot, salty pretzels. My parents bought me one. You can't imagine how delicious a hot salty pretzel is to a kid on a freezing cold New York winter day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been in love with new york city and it's nice to be able to bring back good memories to someone else who looks back at the city with fond thoughts

I can only do so much with words to draw a picture but pictures can bring the occasional moment and sensation, mood and feel of the city to life or so I hope

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...