Stats

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This is Really Good

I just came across a great article on the Arutz 7 web site, "Without a Doctorate in Expertise" by Shalom Pollack. He expresses exactly what I have been feeling for the past 20 or so years:
These are very hectic and thought-provoking days. In times like these, the media is full of experts. It seems their numbers grow from crisis to crisis. Well, I am not an official expert, but then again, my gut feeling was not wrong about what was right for the country and where events would lead; so, I feel I have as much right as any of the many authorities telling us yet again why we are in a mess and how things will turn out.

I am not a prophet, and not even an expert, but I am an avid observer and I do posses a normal memory. I remember the joy and how Prime Minister Ehud Barak beamed with self-satisfaction at the great coup he pulled off six years ago. Imagine the sweet sense of victory as the Israeli army fled Lebanon in the middle of the night, leaving mounds of equipment and personal effects behind for the enemy to plunder. Now, that certainly sent the Lebanese, and all our neighbors, a strong message, didn't it? Our south Lebanese allies were left in the dust. Yet, we were assured that if Hizbullah dared to cross that border, or shoot just one bullet, then we would respond with all our might. And all the experts assured us that this was cause for celebration.
Read the rest. It really is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...