Stats

Monday, January 31, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened To Me On The Way To The Kotel(Part Two)

Click here to read Part One

I call home and one of my daughters answers the phone.
"Has Ima come home yet," I ask.
"No," is the answer.
"Well tell her to call me right away the minute that she gets home!"

I walk over to the entrance of the City of David. There's a security guard there to protect the Jewish residents from the Arab Islamofascists.
"Tell me. Did a tow truck come and tow a Mitsubishi from the Givati parking lot?" I inquire.
"Not as far as I know."
"Listen, my wife said she parked our car here and now I cannot find it."
"Maybe she parked it up there near the Old City wall. The Jerusalem Municipality tows away the cars that park up there."
"Thanks a lot."

I walk back to the parking lot. The Arab kids are starting to get curious. What is the Yahud looking for?
"I am looking for my car," I explain. I soon see that their Hebrew is not much better than my Arabic, and in any case they won't be able to help me.

Suddenly the familiar hip tickle. My cellphone is ringing. It's my wife.
"I cannot find the car! I've been walking around here for ten minutes and I cannot find the car!" I exclaim.
"Misken! In the end someone came and helped me start the car, Baruch Hashem. It seems that the car was not in "park" and that is why I could not start it. I am at home now but I am on the way out to buy food for Shabbat. Why don't you go to the Kotel to thank G-d that it turned out like this?"

To be continued.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure that car is in park!

Batya said...

How come no comment on why you weren't at the demo? Did you read why I wasn't? http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2005/01/why-i-wont-be-at-sundays-demonstration.html

Cosmic X said...

Thanks for the link. I read it and agree with most of what you
wrote. See what I wrote at
Why I Was Not At The Demonstration .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...