Stats

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Non-Jewish Boyfriend

I am really happy that Aish HaTorah puts up articles like this about intermarriage. You can see from the comments that they generate that they really strike a chord. Here's a taste of the article:
“So, Dad, if our heritage is so special, and we have to be a light among the nations, and my entire future depends on it, why do I eat McDonalds, and why on earth don't we keep Shabbat?!”

More silence. This time, it was my father that spoke. “I don’t know. I guess I never thought that far,” he admitted, somewhat ashamed.

For the first time ever, I had stumped my brilliant lawyer father.

1 comment:

Esser Agaroth said...

True, these posts are important.

Rav Kahane hy"d wrote a book called Listen World, Listen Jew which covers this very question.

I guess some people won't listen to him, but will listen to Aish.

Whatever gets the message through....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...