Stats

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sports and anti-Semitism

I read the following news item at INN:
Dana Strelinikov from Ma’alot in northern Israel won the Fencing World Cup for those under the age of 17 this week in Slovakia. Participants from 32 countries took part in the competition.

Stelinikov defeated representatives of the Czech Republic, Poland, Switzerland, and Hungary to take the gold. Two other participants from Israel came in the fifth and ninth places.
I used to fence when I was in high school. At one point I was even the captain of the foil team. So I was curious to learn more about the competition. A Google search brought me here, which in turn brought me to rubaisport.com. And this is what I saw (click on the pic):

The web is a wonderful place, is it not?

Update: RubaiSport has a blog. I left the guy a comment. Let's see what happens.

5 comments:

Batya said...

It's time for "rebranding!" nu?

Call Tsippi's beach bimbos, I guess. What do our Foreign Affairs officials do? They should be paying us to blog!

Jason H. Elbaum said...

I don't get it - where did that popup rectangle come from?

Cosmic X said...

ZB,

It was in the source of the page. How it got there I don't know. I'm not that much of a geek.

I'm hoping that the site owner will enlighten me.

Cosmic X said...

I just went back to the page and the popup rectangle is gone!

Anonymous said...

That's the one thing that I will never understand. These terrorist stink at fighting wars, but they are great a PR.

We, on the other hand, are great in combat, but stink at PR.

Why is that? I thought we were supposed to be the stereotypical "Einsteins"?

I'll never understand why the government doesn't dedicate huge amounts of resources to making the image of the Jewish state look great, and the image of the terrorists that surround the Jewish state look evil (as is really the case).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...